NOW Living Downtown!

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Random Cool Stuff

1. Best mini-cheesecakes and Red Velvet cupcakes (and peanut butter/caramel/macadamia cheesecake) www.indulgencefresno.com getting married in the valley? gotta call Chris!
2. Funky day spa-my friend Carole's NEW day spa in Prather, on the way up the mountain to Shaver Lake: A Mountain Escape Day Spa--massages, ahhhhh, facials, pedicures, pampering-
3. Clever, artistic T-shirts: www.threadless.com Thanks, Gabe for introducing me to the world of Threadless-my closet will never be the same!
4. The cast recording from "Young at Heart," singing "Fix You." Breaks my heart every time I hear it.
5. www.weddingpastorsusa.com my friend Bill's baby--and it's touching the lives of hundreds of couples who don't have a church or a pastor on one of the most important events of their life.
6. My hammock in my backyard under the weeping willow tree. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
7. Patrick Contreras, American Gypsy: who knew the violin could be so latin and so HOT?!
8. Reading David Sedaris: just makes me laugh (outloud on planes.)
9. Frances Mayes, A Year in the World. Makes me hungry and stirs the wanderlust.
10. Neolia body wash and soap. One of life's simple pleasures.
11. Lemongrass chicken on brown rice at Au Lac, vegetarian restaurant on Van Ness and McKinley.
12. Stephen's Bike Shop--for the service, the attitude, my Giant Cypress.
13. Fresno State Bulldog Baseball: storming Omaha.
14. Fern Grove Cottages, Guernville, CA: funky, homey, warm, perfect little cabins under a canopy of giant Redwoods--across from the Russian River. Innkeeper's Margaret and Michael, and their homemade granola and scones in the mornings, coffee at the common table, cooled bottles of wine waiting for me, kindness and comfort. www.ferngrovecottages.com
15. Nina Simone singing "I think it's going to rain today." Can you hear crying in her voice?
16. Julia Morgan architecture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home