NOW Living Downtown!

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

3 Decades...

On Dec. 16, 1979, I knelt on the steps of First Baptist Church, Garland, Texas, and felt hands being laid on me--the hands of pastors, deacons, teachers and the small hands of children. Roger McDonald and John Kramp had spoken words and I was commissioned to TEACH, and this was my ordination. From there, I spent time with my family, and then went and stood in a classroom at Southwestern to teach a class, "Introducation to Children's Ministry."
And that's where I've been for the past 30 years--in the classroom. I have taught--and been taught at Southwestern, Biola, Golden Gate, Occidental, Simpson, Univ. of Inner Mongolia, Fresno Pacific and CSU-Fresno. My life and career has been spent between the university and the church. This life of professor/minister. The 2 roles, for me, are the same. You listen. You teach. You listen again. You assign. You review. You listen. You lead.
Tonight, I will go to Bakersfield, and I will teach. Again.
I do not know how much longer I will be able to teach, but, I want to do this for as long as I can, as best I can. I am grateful, and I am blessed.

1 Comments:

  • Congratulations on your 30-Years of TEACHING. All the students that have had your classes over the past 30 years, including myself and all AH students, are very grateful to your dedication and passion to "Teach and to Lead".

    By Blogger Unknown, At 9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home