NOW Living Downtown!

Friday, January 22, 2010

God Bless Haiti...

The images of the devastation seem to keep coming, each one worse than the one before. The children, the women, the young men screaming in pain..bodies in the streets, people begging for water--and fighting for food. A country with no infrastructure before the earthquake, now, seemingly without hope of ever having any type of infrastructure--even to get the supplies or food, water, medicine, shelter--to the millions in danger of dying.
I, like so many others, are conscious of their plight--and, think about them as I go through my day. In my impatience with the rain showers all week, I think of those who have no shelter from the elements who are old, sick, dying--and the rain doesn't seem to be such an inconvenience.
God loves Haiti, God loves the Haitian people. God will rescue them, God will save them. God will prompt those with gifts, skills, tools, time and energy to go and help--to feed, clothe, care, heal..the God who shakes the earth can now take care of the aftermath of the shaking--this my Hope, God Bless Haiti is my prayer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home